I just wanted to update about calling the Agency today. I figured that they would not have much information, but felt good to just call and check in.
I spoke with Laura and she said Sonia (owner of agency) (she is Russian as well) has been in Russia and is due back in July. She is there getting the office set up. I asked what she meant and she said that they have not given any referrals since early May - due to the fact kids were not available/some vacations. Hmmmm...
She said that once Sonia got back - approx July 14th -I should call back to get updates. She said there are some children coming off of the database and they should start referring. July is a very slow month for adoptions as well since so many officials take vacations and you need to have at least 3 officials at their "desk" so to speak in order for an adoption to go through.
I asked how Sonia chooses children and she said she has been doing this for awhile and will review the medicals of certain children and the meet the child and can usually tell if they appear to be healthy.
She said I had 6 families that were in front of me waiting for girls...
She also said she thinks - but can't guarantee that I may be going to Moscow City so that was kinda neat that it is a little more narrowed down. She also told me some of the baby homes that the child "could" come from. I went online and found one of them and it had pictures of the place...that was cool!
So not much for now...but I will keep you posted when I call in July...but for now...it definitely seems like it will be closer to September before I will even get a referral. Please pray that I will have her home by Christmas...oh...please by Christmas...that would really be great!
On another note...the "Waiting Parents" meeting we had was great, there was 8 other WP besides myself and it was a great meeting...really good group. Got some good ideas, but still so confused on which airline to travel...still more researching to do!
knackered
14 years ago



1 comment:
Hey JoAnn,
July is just around the corner. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you that you get the good news.
Abby
Post a Comment