This is my journey as I follow my dream of having a child and what it took to bring her home from Russia...
"For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11
Waiting for my girl...
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippian 4:13
My Adoption Timeline
11/4/08 Travel on 1st trip :-)
10/14/08 Received Travel Dates for trip 1
9/25/08 Agency sent acceptance to Russia
9/23/08 Accepted Referral
9/19/08 Pow-wow with Great Friends to view my referral
9/18/08 Received Referral via Fedex
9/15/08 Received email from Agency that a referral is coming soon
8/23/08 Went to INS to have fingerprints re-done. All looked ok.
8/18/08 Received FBI fingerprints back approved
8/5/08 Mailed cover letter, money order and fingerprints to FBI
8/2/08 Sent letter to request re-fingerprinting for the INS
8/1/08 Got new fingerprints done for FBI Clearance at Sherriff Dept
6/6/08 Had to have MMPI-2 testing done
4/30/08 Dossier on its way to Russia!!
4/28/08 PA Agency Recieved I-171H notice and going to get apostilled
4/25/08 Mailed I-171H (approval) to PA Agency along with update Med License
4/25/08 Received INS Approval!
4/15/08 Received email and letter from INS to go to office on 4/25/08
3/19/08 Contacted IA Doctor to send info
3/17/08 INS said they received the VA Criminal History for Mom and said I am in "Line" for review
3/17/08 Sent Tax stuff/forms needed for PA Agency File
3/13/08 Sent PA Agency last bit of stuff for Dossier
3/13/08 Mailed VA Criminal History for Mom to INS
2/19/08 Will mail Russian Packet back to PA Agency
2/19/08 Will get State Clearance notorized and mail for Mom to INS
2/13/08 Emailed the INS to confirm HS arrived - she emailed me back and said she is not sure to email next week.
2/8/08 HS was sent to INS by HS Agency
2/7/08 Angie from SS called at 3:20 pm to tell me that the Name Search is Done and Ok - she will send letter to HS Agency
2/4/08 Sent an email to Angie with SS to check on Name Search - she said she would call the State Police to check status
1/28/08 Sent PA Agency Pictures of house and BC Apostille's
1/28/08 Sent HS Agency the Post-placement check and Agreement
1/26/08 Went to Winterfest - great networking!
1/23/08 Finally heard back from Angela via email today - Still not done yet
1/23/08 Contacted Suzanne with DSS about the issues I am having with Angela and the Status
1/22/08 Called Angela again - No answer
1/21/08 Spoke to Ellen with PA Agency - she gave me a better timeline of where we are...
1/17/08 Contacted Angela with Fingerprint Agency by email to check on per HS Agency
1/17/08 Contacted HS - they have not heard back on Fingerprints or Name Search
12/21/07 HS Agency sent soft copy of HS Report to Laura at PA Agency for another review
12/20/07 HS Agency emailed and said as soon as they get Clearance ltr on Mom they will print/sign/notorize HS report
12/17/07 HS Agency send form to Angela for National Name Check on Mom - will take one month
12/17/07 HS Agency sent 3rd set of Fingerprints
12/10/07 Sent 3rd Set of Fingerprints done at Sherriff Dept for Mom to HS Agency
10/23/07 Sent Interagency Agreement and Post Adoption Agreement to HS Agency
10/19/07 Sent 2nd Fingerprints for Mom to HS Agency
9/29/07 Sent Medicals for Mom and me to PA Agency
9/29/07 Sent Medical Doctor Info from Commonwealth of VA to PA Agency
9/25/07 Last meeting with Social Worker...she said she would approve me! Yeah!!
9/17/07 Second meeting with Social Worker...one more to go!
9/13/07 Sent Criminal Background Checks - Fingerprints to HS Agency for Mom and me
9/10/07 Received Criminal History Name Search Request back - All good! :-)
9/10/07 First HS with the Social Worker at my House...whew!
9/4/07 Mailed the VA Dept of Social Services/Child Protective Serv Central Registry Form for Mom and me
9/1/07 Mailed Criminal History Record Name Search Request
8/23/07 Sent letter to INS about changing Country and Agency
8/16/07 Researched a Home Study Agency in VA and signed and mailed
8/8/07 Official day with PA Agency
8/3/07 Contacted References...of course they had nothing but great things to say about them...
8/2/07 Spoke to Laura with All my questions...Really Liked her and what she said her agency could offer...she will send me references...
8/1/07 Received information from PA Agency
7/30/07 Spoke with Laura at PA Agency...really liked her alot!
7/9/07 Mom's Doctors Exam
7/6/07 Requested Passport for Mom
7/6/07 INS Fingerprints done at 11:00am for Mom and me...
7/3/07 Requested Passport for me
7/3/07 My Doctors Exam
7/07 Met with and coresponded with another agency that was in VA - Not sure about them...
7/07 Starting to get worried about Country I chose and the Agency...ugh! Time to do more Research on them both...
6/11/07 Sent in the I600A Application and fees
6/11/07 Mailed Agreement to Agency...this is now real...more money sent
6/6/07 Sent off for my 3 Birth Certificates
5/25/07 Received Call and Email that I was Approved...Wow...Much more Excitement!
5/21/07 Sent Application and Fee
5/14/07 Received Information from first Agency - Very Exciting!
3/07 Started Researching My Options to Start a Family
I agree it looks great to me! Totally cute. I'm still struggling trying to pick a paint color. Right now there are a couple different color patches on the wall but nothing that I love. Hopefully I will find my inspiration soon.
2 comments:
What do you mean work in progress??? That looks like a completed room to me!! It is absolutely adorable.
I agree it looks great to me! Totally cute. I'm still struggling trying to pick a paint color. Right now there are a couple different color patches on the wall but nothing that I love. Hopefully I will find my inspiration soon.
Abby
Post a Comment