Saturday, December 27, 2008

In Russia...

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you know my trip so far to Russia has not been to bad. The trip here was long, but good. I flew our on 12/24 and arrived here in St Petersburg on Christmas day...and Anna's birthday. I was not sure if i would see anna or not, but as it turned out...i was able to.

i have to start typing in all lower caps - because for some reason it keeps deleting my post...

when i got there with anna on her birthday...she was very sweet and not sad like all the times before...it may have had something to do with the gifts i brought for her birthday! lol! either way...i was so happy to see her!

on friday - i went to see anna and then the director was so gracious and let me stay for their holiday play that the children put on. it was sooooo cute!

the kids sang and danced and father frost (like our santa clause) gave out presents - candy. it was great! and they let me take vidieo and pictures...so it will be so awesome to have for anna!

afterwards i visited with anna for about an hour and then spoke with the director of what is next...

anna has a cold and was going to get medical attention - so i am not to see her over the weekend, however i may be able to see her on monday after court.

i am a little anxious about court...but i am sure it will be fine.

when i arrived they had snow...so i came all the way to russia to have snow for christmas...go figure huh!

here the snow comes and goes pretty quickly...i went out walking today and mostly there was just some ice that was trying to melt.

that is pretty much it for now...i will post more once i get back from court.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Joanne, You are so close now! I am so excited for you. How wonderful to be able to spend such time in the baby home. They truly will be memories you will cherish, and it is awesome you caught so much on videotape. Best of luck with court. One little tip, don't cross your legs when sitting. Apparently, this is not a polite gesture in a Russian court room. Go figure?? I can't wait to hear about everything!

lifeisgood said...

Good luck in court, I am anxiously awaiting your next post! That is so great you got to see the Christmas show, what a precioius memory that will be (and much better than hanging out in a hotel room)! Good luck today!

Barb said...

I finally realized you had a new post! You must be back from court by now . . . I hope all went well. Did your judge have short brown hair? (I guess I shouldn't mention names . . .) I really hope all went well. It was great to read about your visit with Anna on Christmas/her birthday. That must have been truly special! Enjoy the remaining days.
Barb