Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Just Checking In...

Just thought I would post a little of what I have been doing. Mostly I am still waiting to hear back from INS - we are suppose to get a letter(I hope soon) to let us know when Mom can go to INS to swear in, and we are still waiting for the I171 (the actual approval from INS).

I have been busy updating some things that have expired in my file and making sure everything is done for my dossier. I have a new person at my PA Agency so I have been working with her to make sure everything is good. She is very nice and very quick to respond to my emails...the one thing about this agency...they are great at responding back. :-)

I asked my Agency if the wait for a referral was still 4-6 months after my dossier is sent to Russia (that is what Ellen said before) and Laura said it was more like 2-4 months! That was AWESOME news...except...hello...thought I had more time! So I have made up my mind I will get paint this weekend and get busy for the baby's room. I so want to start buying stuff...just not sure.

I do feel that my time for a referral will not be long...I think the agency seems ready...real ready for my approval...My co-worker that adopted a daughter from Russia said his agency told him months too...and then he received one in 4 days! And since things are starting to pick up a little in Russia now...I think I better get ready just in case!

I also contacted the IA doctor today and she had me send her my address so she can send me a packet of cost and what to expect. I co-worker referred me to a doctor in MI - she is actually pretty famous...I have seen her in my people magazine with Angelina Jolie. But she is suppose to be very good and is a single woman with about 5 adopted children. She has written many publications on adoption etc...

Well...I guess that is all for now...but I will be back to update soon...please keep baby "A" and me in your prayers...

No comments: