Friday, October 17, 2008

Travel Update...

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received word about traveling to meet Anna on 10/14/08 and have been busy trying to make travel reservations and to get the Visas for Carrie and I FedEx out.

We leave on Tuesday November 4th and arrive in St. Petersburg Wednesday, November 5th around 2:15 in the afternoon. I am told we will meet with the Ministry of Education on November 6th where they will formally give me my referral. We will then drive to the orphanage to meet with the Director to ask many questions. Then they will bring Anna out and we will get to visit with her for an hour or two. We will be able to see her twice a day for a couple of hours each time through Saturday November 8th. We will then leave on the 9th and are home around 8pm on Sunday the 9th.

So 18 more days till I meet Anna!!!! Praise God!!!

Please keep Carrie and I in your prayers as we travel and Anna and I as we meet for the first time. :-)

6 comments:

Tiger & Kar said...

YAY!! I am so, so happy for you & Anna. Hopefull you'll be able to blog from Russia. I'd be interested to hear your flight plans. Are you flying Aeroflot? We didn't have any issues when we did, but I was pretty scared to step foot on that first flight!

Sherri said...

Congratulations Jo Ann!!! It won't be long at all to you and Anna are together. Safe travels. I hope we can get updates while you are there.

Abby said...

Hurray! I am so happy and excited for you to meet Anna. I can't wait to hear all the details.

lifeisgood said...

That's soooooo exciting. Yipeeeeee! Congratulations. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

I am and will continue to keep all of you in our prayers. I know you will just fall more in love with your little girl when you see her. she is going to be the luckiest child to have you as a mommy!! Good luck and I can not wait to hear about your trip.

Love ya!!
David, Michele, Caleb and Aubrey

Barb said...

Congratulations! I came across your blog by way of another . . . We're also adopting from St. Pete, just waiting for trip #2 right now. Hope to be able to follow along on this exciting journey, Barb.