Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Update on my first trip...

I talked to my agency today and they said that "Anna" is not off of the data base yet (even though I can not find her...ugh!) and she should be off sometime around October 15th. For those who don't know what that is, in Russia a child must be on a national data base for I think it is 9 or 10 months...once they come off of the data base then they can be adopted.

I asked if I might travel by the end of October...and they said that is what they are hoping for...but I can't get my invitation to travel from Russia until she comes off of the database. Please pray for me!

I did find out some other unique tid bits, like where the baby home is...that I am going to have to do the 8 doctor medical...ugh!!! That is that I have to have 8 Russian doctors check me out...yeah...that sounds fun! I guess that ST Pete passed this about 2 months ago.

Also the reason some of my paperwork got called back is for one...my agency did not catch the mistake...but also there is a new judge and some of the things she is asking for is not the norm...so I guess I am the ginny pig for them!

I know it will all be so worth getting my baby girl home...

3 comments:

Tiger & Kar said...

Oh, shoot! I know you must be disappointed. I'm so sorry to hear that little Ana isn't off the database yet. Don't stress over the 8 dr. thing. If it's anything like what we went through in Moscow, it's an absolute breeze...other than the hefty fee you have to pay! Know you're in our thoughts & prayers for this wait time to pass quickly.

Diane said...

I'm so excited for you! Do you realize that you absolutely will be entitled to a Mother's Day card this year??

See you Sat.

Barb said...

I just came across your blog . . . Congratulations on the referral. We are also adopting from St. Pete and are very familiar with the paperwork runaround. Our judge keeps asking for new documents, and others keep getting lost! Best wishes. Hope you get your travel dates soon!