Wow! Where do I begin! Carrie and I left for Russia on 11/4/08 and came home 11/9/08 - it was a good trip and was soooo awesome to finally meet Miss Anna! Let me start by saying meeting Anna was simply the BEST! She was so beautiful and sooooo sweet! She is VERY shy, but once she warmed up...she was very warm and sweet. I only saw her 3 days and about only 5 hours total...I wish it could have been more, but I think that is about the norm.
The baby home has pretty strict visiting rules and was not as scary as I thought it may be.
Anna liked all the toys that Carrie and I brought, I just hope she gets to keep them. Besides the toys I left her the blanket and photo book too...hoping she will not forget me before I get back there.
When I was in Russia I did sign the paperwork to indicate that I do want to adopt her and then my cordinator took the papers to the court to file them. Now I am just waiting to hear when my court date is. Today my Agency sent me the application to the court to sign formally requesting her and giving her the name Anna Elizabeth Stuart! Awe...the sound of that is so sweet!!! :-)
My agency wanted me to FedEx this back so she can get to Russia by early next week...so I did FedEx it tonight and they will get tomorrow. I also called my agency this week and reminded them that I would like to adopt her in 2 trips if possible and to do this by the end of the year...they have said they are trying to do this, but of course this all depends on the Russian Courts and when my date is. So I will be praying!!
May he give you the desires of your heart - Psalm 20:4
knackered
14 years ago



4 comments:
Yay! You have no idea how much I've been stalking your blog since your last entry. I'm thrilled it went so well! I hope you get that court date soon. Congrats!!
Jo Ann, Hurray!! I have been thinking about you so much and am so glad things worked out for you on trip #1. Now just pray for a speedy court date. It is so hard to be separated from the children, and wait for news. I always really needed the waiting time, though, to get my act together to bring a new little one into the house. I am so happy for you!
Like Kar, I had been checking your blog daily just in case an update didn't shop on my blogroll (no time to comment until today, tho). I'm so happy for you that you had a good first meeting with little Anna. I hope you get your court date soon, and I'm looking forward to hearing more about your Russian adventures!
Glad I wasn't the only one stalking her blog. I was checking every day. I'm so glad the trip went well!
Post a Comment