Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Update on Fingerprints...

Ok, so I wanted to do two post today to seperate these blogs so I would not to confuse anyone! LOL!!

As you all know, I have been trying to reach Angela at the Department of Social Services about the Status of my Mom's prints or the National Name Search. She has had some personnel issues - people leaving and such, so she is very backed up. I can definitely appreciate that, but it is now going on 4 months without an end in site.

So I did some research and found the commissioner name and some numbers to call (he overseas the DDS) I called and left a message on a voice mail telling them of my issue and that if they were not the right person to contact - I asked if they could please forward me the correct person. In the meantime, I decided to give Angela one more try. I emailed her and was very nice but asked that she please tell me what the status is, I also mentioned that I would be happy to contact someone else if that would be better and mentioned the Commissioners name (all done very nicely) Low and behold I got an email within 10 min. Also, a very nice lady named Suzanne called me back on the message I left earlier.

I explained the situation to Suzanne and explained, I was not trying to get Angela in trouble...just need a resolution to this issue. I told her that I just got an email from her, probably because I mentioned the Commissioner name - She asked that I send her the email correspondence that I just got and she would see what she could do.

The email that Angela sent me basically was very nice, but come to find out...the 3rd set of fingerprints failed (which we knew they would - hence the Name Search) but that she did not send the Name Search out until last week! We sent her the request 12/27/07 (they usually take a month) I just can't believe she did not send them out until last week! So I have just lost about a month more! Ugh!

But she did say she contacted the State Police and asked that they would expedite the name search...Angela said she will notify me as soon as she hears...so hopefully it will not be another month...

The good in this...is that I did contact her and it is in the works and hopefully it will not take the full month.

Who would of thought it would take this long for something that is so simple...

Adopt the pace of nature; her secret is patience - Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: